What Is The Hype With Yoni Steaming?
*Disclaimer: This post is not designed to, and should not be construed to, provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion or treatment to you or any other individual, and is not intended as a substitute for medical or professional care and treatment.
As I have been on a journey of self awareness and taking care of my mind and body, I came across some yoni health articles. A yoni is the vulva (a sacred space).
Realistically, many women deal with issues that result in them taking many medications and still find no long term relief in what they are dealing with. I prefer to go the natural route in caring for my body as I believe the earth can provide many healing properties for our bodies.
I am not a doctor and do not pretend to be but in my home I choose to treat myself naturally and it works! Medications are my absolute last resort.
I began to look into yoni steaming as I read that it could relieve me of my terrible cramps that came along with my cycle. I began to read more on it and watched some reviews on YouTube.
What is yoni steaming?
Yoni steaming, also known as vaginal steaming, is a practice in which a woman allows the warmth of herbal steam to permeate the exterior of her vagina. Respected by healers around the globe, yoni steaming is an opportunity to reconnect with your body and utilize the wisdom of plant medicine to heal your cycle.
What are some of the benefits of yoni steaming?
It reduces pain, bloating and exhaustion associated with menstruation.
• Decrease menstrual flow as well as reduce dark purple or brown blood at the onset or end of menses.
• Regulate irregular or absent menstrual cycles.
• Increase fertility, especially when combined with Mayan abdominal massage.
• Speed healing and tone the reproductive system after birth.
• Treat uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse and endometriosis.
• Assist with the repair of a vaginal tear, episiotomy or C-section scar.
• Assist with the healing of hemorrhoids.
• Treat chronic vaginal/yeast infections, and works to maintain healthy odor.
• Relieve symptoms of menopause.
• Detoxify the womb and remove toxins from the body.
You can turn your toilet into a yoni steaming throne right at home!
I chose this option because it is easy and convenient. I hope to someday purchase a yoni steaming seat but for now, I am using the toilet throne.
The Toilet Throne
What you’ll need:
- A toilet
- A natural toilet bowl disinfectant and brush cleaner
- A wide-rimmed stainless steel or glass mixing bowl
- A large towel or blanket
To turn your toilet into a throne:
- Give your toilet bowl and seat a good scrub. You will feel yucky attempting to do this on a dirty toilet.
- Next, prepare your water and yoni steaming herbs. Carefully pour your herbs into the mixing bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the mixing bowl with the water and herbs into the basin of your toilet bowl. Close the seat (but not the lid). CAUTION: Make sure your bowl of herbs fits completely inside the toilet bowl basin before closing the lid and sitting down. Sitting down on a glass bowl that is too large for the toilet basin may result in broken glass.
- Sit down on your toilet as you normally would. If the steam feels too hot open your legs or stand up to allow the water to cool.
- Relax and enjoy!
I have only done the yoni steaming twice in the past year and will began to do it more often. I first had a problem with locating the herbs within my small community but I recently took a trip to Savannah, GA. and googled for stores that sold yoni eggs. I came across a lady by the name of Cherica who is CEO of Fearlessly Loving Your Yoni.
My husband and I met with her and talked about the yoni eggs and I ended up purchasing some yoni steaming herbs. I will purchase an egg later when I decide which one is best for me.
I followed the above steps to sanitize my toilet, lit some candles and played soothing music. I have had great results from my yoni steaming and will continue to do it. I no longer deal with PMS and I do not have excruciating cramps that shut me down during my cycle. I am able to be active and productive.
Check out Cherica herself as she explains her experience in yoni health.