Holistic Journey To A New Me
Patricia Marie- Christ Follower | librarian | writer | editor | runner
Holistic Journey To A New Me
There comes a point when the heaviness of life begins to weigh us down. We question who or what is the cause, and we search for answers and relief. My story is simple. I hated my life, felt I had no purpose and waited for the moment that God just flipped the switch and saved me from this hell hole.
On the outside, so many would wonder what craziness I was feeling. How could I be so unhappy? They saw a beautiful, single, 34 year old successful woman with no kids… living life. But, what they couldn’t see was the heaviness I struggled with in my mind: Depression.
It’s not a week of pms. It’s not a bad hair day. It’s not a season of a breakup. Depression is this unexplainable sadness and lack of hope to keep pressing forward. No matter how successful you are. No matter how much money you make. No matter how desirable you are. Depression will disregard all of that and slap you right across your face. It’s a heaviness that holds positive perceptions hostage. But, I won’t dwell on that. I just want to share how I escaped.
In the past I would start a new regimen. It would work for a few days. Then, out of nowhere depression would creep its head around the corner and say, “Well I hope you enjoyed that, ‘cus I’m back with a vengeance.” This time around, I am happy to say this happy bubble I’m in is real and not a mirage of my imagination.
There were a few things that I can say are playing a major part in my holistic healing journey.
- First off, I quit my prescribed antidepressant. The side effects were not worth continuing the prescription. I replaced them with an all natural supplement called 5 HTP. Within days I felt like a brand new person. I thought maybe it was a fluke and would be one of the many things that only brought happiness for 3 days then back to the hell in my mind I’d go. 30 days later and I’m steady climbing the peace and happiness ladder.
- I also increased my spiritual regimen. I bought a sage kit to begin healing my surroundings. The kit included White Sage and Palo Santo wood to burn while, blessing and or cleansing myself or my home.
- Thinking that practicing more self love would help with my healing, another healing step that I took was purchasing a Yoni Egg set. Yoni eggs are created by forming healing crystals into the shape of an egg. When inserted, they can help to heal in many ways. Even though I have only had a few sessions with my first egg, I have begun to feel more beautiful and have become more aware of my body.
- Research has shown me that sound therapy is very beneficial and can even help with mood enhancement. Binaural beats are my go to when I need a quick pick me up or if I just want to simply meditate for a few minutes. These specialized sounds may just sound nice and relaxing, but they are playing in a certain frequency that can help with anxiety, depression, concentration, and even pain.
- One last item that I have added to my holistic healing regimen has been an Essential Oils Set. As a form of aromatherapy, these oils can change your mood and even heal certain ailments. I place the oil into a diffuser or they can even be used topically.
All in all, I have felt so amazing the past month. Healing takes time and effort. As I continue this journey, my prayer life will expand and my intimacy with God, the Most High, will be untouchable. I pray that I have encouraged someone today and would love to share more details with anyone that is interested.